10-14-2018: Lord of the Flies

Lord of the Flies 


Ok. This book is so intense. I loved it. I was always on the edge of my seat, wondering what was going to happen. Now, survival stories aren't really my thing, but this is a big exception . I couldn't put it down and literally stayed up until midnight once reading it (it was worth it). I think Golding's writing style is definitely sophisticated and I would not recommend this book to anyone younger than 11 or 12. The plot is really sort of spooky and as Stephen King writes in the introduction, "Could we be good? Yes. Could we be kind? Yes again. Could we, at the turn of a moment, become little monsters? Indeed we could." This book made me realize how barbarian humans could become in the span of a few weeks, maybe even a few days. This book is not sunshine and rainbows. Lord of the Flies is the harsh reality of a true survival story.


Comments

Popular Posts